RJS Electronics Ltd has been supplying electro-mechanical components since 2003. Over the years we have been able to introduce new products to the industry and support designers in incorporating the latest components to their design. Due to the current global pandemic, the way we once went about our daily lives has changed for many years to come. We have become conscious of our surrounds and the surfaces we touch. Engineers, designers and individuals are collectively coming together to come up with solutions making our environments safer and accessible.
We present, our RJS-TLS switches, touchless exit buttons & door exit devices. This series consists of a no-touch button and panels which are available in a range of sizes and shapes.
What are touchless switches?
Touchless switches are switches that require no contact or action to be pressed. They are activated by motion/sensors and only then work.
Touchless switches are ideal when considering safety and repetitive usage.
What can touchless switches be used for?
No-touch switches can be ideal for a wide range of applications/devices used within a range of industries.
For example, no touch switches can be ideal entry and exit switches used on a range of public transport such as busses, taxis and trains. Or eve, retail settings for entry/exit, changing room to indicate availability.
Other areas the RJS-TLS switch could be used within washroom/ restroom facilities within commercial settings.
Additionally, another use for the no-touch buttons could be used for commercial appliances such as coffee machines.
What are the key features of the touchless switches?
- Infrared Switch – Infrared or IR (commonly abbreviated) is the presence of an electromagnetic wavelength being present, meaning it can detect heat radiation from 800nm – 1mm.
- Time Delay – Our RJS-TLS series, has a time delay feature. Meaning, there is a pause of set time) from motion to it can be activated to slower the process of opening/closing.
- Proximity Switch – with the use of a proximity sensor within the switch, allows the detection of the presence of nearby objects without actually physically touching.
- Momentary Switch – a switch with a momentary function, meaning when pressed or in this case activated, the centre of the switch can be pushed and immediately springs back.
- No-touch/ Touchless Switch – Meaning that no physical contact/touching is necessary.
- Exit Switch – Our RJS-TLS series is ideal for entry/exit switches and available with a range of panels.
LED illumination Options:
Our RJS-TLS, our touchless switch is available with standard ring LED illumination colour to indicate when the touchless button is in standby and active mode. The blue ring LED illumination indicates that the touchless switch is in standby mode and the green ring LED illumination will indicate that the touchless button has been activated.
RJS-TLS range explained:
RJS-TLSW-0 – is the 28mm diameter, infrared touchless exit switch ring LED Illumination. The dual-LED illumination indicates when the device is in standby and active. The blue LED indicates when the device is in stand by and the green LED Illumination indicates when the device is active. Available with momentary version Standard sensing distance 0-10cm whereas momentary with sensitive distance “Sensitive” sensing distance 3-15cm and momentary with a timer delay. With a 3A @ 36VDC MAX current. Click to see the full spec.
The RJS-TLSW-0 no touch/ touchless exit switch with Panels.
This is the part number for our touchless / no-touch switch with the panel. The TL1 plate is rectangular with rounded edges. Illuminated Touchless exit switch with Plate 115*40*25mm.
This is the part number for our touchless / no-touch switch with the panel. The TL3 plate is rectangular with rounded edges. Illuminated Touchless exit switch with Plate 86*50*25mm
This is the part number for our touchless / no-touch switch with the panel. The TL4 plate is rectangular with rounded edges. Illuminated Touchless exit switch with plate 115*70*25mm
This is the part number for our touchless / no-touch switch with the panel. The TL5 plate is a square plate with corners. Illuminated Touchless exit switch with plate 86*86*25mm
This is the part number for our touchless / no-touch switch with the panel. The TL5 plate is a square plate with rounded corners. Illuminated Touchless exit switch with plate 86*86*25mm
The RJS TLSW is a touch-less infrared proximity switch which sits inside a ø28mm natural anodised aluminium shell. Default sensing distance 0-100mm with an LED status indicator. Available with stainless steel or aluminium plate (various shapes and sizes available).
- Standard IP40 / Available IP68.
- It runs on 8-24VDC drawing a minimal 30mA when in standby mode, and 50mA when active.
- In it’s active state the sensor powers a relay capable of switching up to 3A!
- Bi-colour illumination to signal use.
- Easy to install with no programming required!
How to Order our no-touch push button switches:
|IP40 (Indoor)||IP68 (Outdoor)|
RJS-TLSW is the 28mm no touch button with dual LED illumination. Select from the IP40 rating or IP68 rating and run on 8-24VDC drawing a minimal 30mA when in a standby mode and 50mA when active.
RJS-TLSWS with a ‘Sensitive distance’ suggests the proximity switch element of the RJS-TLSWS switch can be detect motion between 3 – 15 cm.
“Adjustable timer delay.”
RJS-TLSWD series is an adjustable delay version of the TLSW, commonly used in door exit solutions to hold a maglock for up to 30 seconds so the end user can activate switch and walk out of the door without doing both at once.
|IP40 rating means that it is protected from tools and small wires > 1mm.|
| IP68 rating means that it is protected from the following:|
– Complete protection from solid objects
– Waterproof* (protection against up to 30mins of water immersion at a depth of > 1m.
We operate Monday – Thursday 8 am – 5 pm and Fridays 8 am – 4.30 pm, call us on +44 (0)1234 213600 to speak to our Sales Engineers or e-mail us on [email protected] alternatively, leave us a message using our online contact form.
Don’t forget to download our latest brochure and our Product Catalogue.
Sign up to our mailing list to get the latest news, read our blog posts and see our latest products.
See our full product range of Touchless Exit Buttons & Door Exit Devices
Keep informed by joining our mailing list and be sure to follow us on: